Master Thesis Research Project: AG Yildirim – ILBD/CPC Helmholtz Zentrum Neuherberg
Have you ever heard about COPD?
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is a chronic lung disease. It is the third most common cause of death! Especially after COVID-19, everyone is aware of how important it is to have a healthy lung.
Our group is part of the Institute of Lung biology and disease (ILBD) at the Helmholtz Zentrum München. Our main goal is to better understand how our lungs work, especially under challenging conditions. Our focus is the understanding of how immune cells contributes to the disease development and progression in particular in COPD.
- You are interested in immunology and disease-related mechanisms?
- You want to better understand one of the most interesting organs in our body, the lung?
- You want to practice already gained knowledge and are motivated to learn more methods?
Then you are the perfect candidate for us! And here what we offer you:
- You will be able to investigate a quite newly described type of cell death, called ferroptosis in the context of COPD!
- You will work in the lab using interesting techniques (Westernblot, qPCR, FACS, cell culture and Immunohistochemistry)!
- You will be perfectly guided by your direct supervisor (Postdoc) that always has time for you!
You think this is the best opportunity to finish your masters or to gain new experience in a long-term practical course?
Then feel free to contact us: